JUCY Snooze Assistant Manager
JUCY is an award winning tourism operator - a family owned and operated business that just keeps growing and growing due to the amazing and fun people we have working for us! We love our JUCY family and our culture is one of pride and passion.
JUCY Snooze, the accommodation arm of the iconic NZ tourism company, currently offers 2 accommodation properties in Auckland and Christchurch with an upcoming and brand new building in Queenstown about to open next year. JUCY Snooze Auckland is located in the city's CBD and offers both hostel style (budget private rooms with shared bathrooms) and hotel style (private rooms with ensuite bathrooms) accommodation.
As the JUCY Snooze Assistant Manager you will be responsible in assisting with the successful and smooth operation of the JUCY Snooze Hotel Auckland on a day-to-day basis. This role is based on a shift system where hours of work vary according to a roster and includes weekend work.
Tasks include, and are not limited to:
- Providing our customers with an outstanding customer experience and inspiring all staff to do so by leading by example at all times
- Overseeing daily administration activities
- Organising and co-directing hotel services
- Assisting in reservation and revenue management
- Assisting in feedback management
- Overseeing shift and night banking activities
- Assisting in the screening and interviewing of new recruits
- Training and supervising new team members according to guidelines and JUCY values
- Providing advice for operational issues on site through 24/7 on call responsibilities
- Building rapport with staff, colleagues, stakeholder, shareholders, suppliers and other tourism providers that visit the hotel
The successful candidate must be highly motivated, energetic, detail-focused and level-headed with true passion for customer service and hospitality. The applicant will heavily assist in ensuring that all teams deliver a standard of service and presentation that exceeds the customer's needs and expectations at all times.
The successful candidate must have:
- A recognised qualification in Hotel or Tourism Management / Hospitality
- Previous face-to-face customer service experience for 3 years or more, preferably in the hotel or tourism industry
- Minimum of 1 year experience with staff management / supervising, as well as team building skills
- Good knowledge and understanding of the local area and New Zealand tourism industry
- Proven organisational and time management skills with the ability to multitask, work unsupervised and under pressure
- Advanced knowledge of hotel management systems /reservation softwares
- Strong people, communication and conflict resolution skills
- Good understanding of hotel revenue and financial management
- Computer literacy in all Microsoft programmes, email and internet applications
- Flexibility to work on weekends and evenings
Desired but not essential:
- Current work first aid certificate
- Ability to speak a second language to assist in communication with core markets from Europe and Asia
We can't promise that this job will be easy but we can promise the support and opportunity to work in an exciting and vibrant environment, as part of a dedicated and motivated team that lives our JUCY values of FUN, FAMILY, PRIDE and PASSION every day.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.